Planning & Development
BUILDING & DEVELOPMENT
Corrine Nauta, Chief Building Official Town of Plympton-Wyoming
The Zoning By-Law contains detailed information on what kind of land use and what kinds of physical structures are allowed on each property in the town. The details include the height of buildings, the number of meters a building must be set back from the street, and landscaping requirements. Zoning By-Laws are legally enforceable decisions of Council. Proposed developments that do not fit the By-Law requirements are not allowed to proceed without amendment.
Zoning By-Law 97 of 2003
- As Amended April, 2013
- 3.1 Uses Permitted in all Zones.
- 3.2 Uses Prohibited in all Zones.
- 3.3 3.3 Accessory Buildings, Structures or Uses.
- 3.3 3.3 Fencing and Decks.
- 3.4 Non-Conforming Uses.
- 3.5 Non-Conforming Uses - Restoration.
- 3.6 Non-Complying Uses.
- 3.7 Dwelling Units.
- 3.8 Addition of Second Dwelling Unit in Single Detached Dwellings.
- 3.9 Lot Development Requirements.
- 3.10 3.10 Home Occupations.
- 3.11 Group Homes.
- 3.12 Human Occupancy of Truck, Bus and Coach Bodies or Travel Trailers.
- 3.13 Permitted Encroachments.
- 3.14 Height Restrictions.
- 3.15 Open Storage And Outdoor Display Regulations.
- 3.16 Special Setback Provisions.
- 3.18 Planting Strips.
- 3.19 Signs And Lighting.
- 3.20 Environmentally Sensitive And Hazardous Lands.
- 3.21 Access.
- 3.22 Setbacks From Streets on Through Lots.
- 3.23 Conversion of Existing Dwellings.
- 3.24 Railways.
- 3.25 Parking Area Regulations.
- 3.26 Loading Space Regulations.
- 3.27 Lots Reduced By Public Acquisition
- Zoning By-Law – Table A
- Zoning By-Law – Table B (Environmental Protection Table)
- Town of Plympton-Wyoming – Schedule A
- Schedule A – Parts 1 – 11 Maps
- Part 1 – Bird Lanes / Huron Heights / Wellington Beach
- Part 2 – Errol Village
- Part 3 – Camlachie
- Part 4 – Beverly Glen / Bonnie Doon / Blue Point Bay
- Part 5 – Blue Point / Highland Glen
- Part 6 – Gallimere Beach / Hillcrest
- Part 7 – Invercairn / Hillsboro / Hillsboro Beach
- Part 8 – Wanstead
- Part 9 – Reece’s Corners
- Part 10 – Wyoming North
- Part 11 – Wyoming South
back to top of page